Kiwanis Club of Tampa
Our Leadership Development Program
Want to develop your leadership skills? Looking to build your professional network? Searching for a meaningful way to get involved in the community? Join Building Leaders in Service!
Building Leaders in Service (BLIS) is a leadership development program sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Tampa. BLIS is designed to help Tampa professionals grow their professional networks and develop as leaders through community service. The basis of the program is built on the Objects of Kiwanis International:
1. To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
2. To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
3. To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
4. To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
5. To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
6. To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.
The BLIS meetings are held quarterly on Saturday mornings and are free to attend. The meetings include time to network, education about Kiwanis, leadership development workshops, guest speakers, and a community service project. All new Tampa Kiwanis members are expected to complete the program as part of their orientation to the club, however membership is not required to participate in BLIS.
Download and view an informational flyer here.
If you would like to nominate a local professional to participate in BLIS, please submit the nomination form.
Session 1: The Beginnings
Date: March 3rd
Location: Northwestern Mutual (1511 N Westshore Blvd. Tampa, FL)
Session 2: Development
Date: July 28th
Location: Middleton High School (4801 N. 22nd Street, Tampa, FL 33610)
Session 3: Influence
Date: September 15th
Session 4: Growth
Date: December 1stRegister Here